If you have joint pain, doing the things you love can be challenging. Walking, lifting, and lying down can be too much to ask, not to mention participating in activities like sports or workouts. Luckily, joint pain can be managed if you seek the services of a chiropractor. Is joint pain slowing you down in life? Please book an appointment with Revitalize Integrated Body Systems. We serve numerous regions, including Palo Alto, Menlo Park, CA, and the surrounding areas.
Causes of Joint Pain
A joint is a place where two bones meet. You have several joints in the body, including the knee, wrist, hip, and shoulders.
Here are the common causes of joint pain:
- Osteoarthritis: This is the common type of arthritis that occurs when the cartilage cushioning bones wear done, causing bones to rub against each other. As a result, patients experience pain and limited mobility in the affected joints.
- Bursitis: Your joint bones, tendons, and muscles are cushioned by a fluid-filled sac called bursae. When these sacs (bursa) are inflamed, you may experience pain and immobility. Bursitis is common in joints where repetitive motions occur, like the knee, shoulder, and hip.
- Sprains and strains: Falls, slips, car accidents, and sports injuries can damage the tendons and ligaments of your joints, causing swelling, pain, and limited mobility.
- Fibromyalgia: This is a musculoskeletal condition characterized by widespread pain, fatigue, and sleep challenges.
- Tendinitis: This condition causes inflammation in your tendons—the fibrous cords that connect bones to muscles. While tendinitis can occur anywhere, it’s common in the knees, wrists, shoulders, and heels.
Without joints, mobility would be almost non-existent. So, when you have a problem with your joints, have it treated right away to avoid pain and complicating the condition. While over-the-counter pain medications relieve joint pain, they offer a Band-Aid solution by masking the symptoms. Chiropractic care provides long-lasting solutions.
How Chiropractors Treat Joint Pain
If you have joint pain, the best place to seek treatment is from a chiropractor. Chiropractic care aims to reduce pain and inflammation and improve mobility using natural remedies.
Here are treatments we use to treat joint pain:
- Chiropractic adjustments: We align the out-of-position joints to relieve pressure on the impinged nerves and other soft tissues.
- Massage therapy: We reduce stiffness in the joints by applying gentle pressure on the injured areas.
- Active release technique: This treatment breaks up scar tissue to manage pain and improve mobility in the muscles, tendons, and ligaments. Sometimes, we use instrument-assisted soft tissue manipulation (IASTM) to break up the scar tissue to release “restricted” muscles and joints.
- Stretching exercises: A chiro may recommend specific exercises to boost joint mobility and reduce pain.
Schedule an Appointment with Our Chiropractor for Joint Pain Treatment in Palo Alto and Menlo Park, CA
Are you battling joint pain in Palo Alto or Menlo Park, CA? Please book an appointment with our family chiropractor at Revitalize Integrated Body Systems for pain relief by calling (650) 323-7427.