Chiropractic Care for Back Pain
Back pain is one of the most common causes of disability in the United States, and for good reason. Back pain can quickly turn from acute to chronic, making it difficult for people to complete regular activities and severely lower their quality of life. Without knowing the root cause of your back pain, your symptoms may continue to return with no relief in sight.
At Revitalize Integrated Body Systems, we're here to help our community members of Palo Alto, CA, and Menlo Park, CA, get the help they need to stop suffering from back pain and get back to their regular lives. A family chiropractor at our chiropractic practice can help both young and older clients through a variety of chiro techniques that are non-invasive and all natural.
What Causes Back Pain?
Back pain has a variety of causes, including:
- Muscle strains or muscle strains of the back muscles
- Sciatica, a condition in which the sciatic nerve becomes compressed leading to sharp pain
- Prior injuries to the back
- Spinal issues such as scoliosis or misaligned spine, which can cause poor posture and pain
- Herniated and bulging discs, which seep out disc fluid and irritate surrounding nerves
- Spinal stenosis, a condition where the spinal column narrows and compressed surrounding nerves
The number of causes for back pain make it difficult to treat back pain effectively without professional help. It's important to reach out to a chiropractor who can determine the root cause of your back pain and provide the best treatment.
Chiropractic Treatment for Back Pain
A chiropractor at our chiropractic practice may treat back pain using methods such as:
- Active release technique, which can help locate and treat soft-tissue disorders, as well as help injured tissues heal.
- Instrument assisted soft tissue manipulation (IASTM), which is like a standard massage but uses advanced technology and tools instead of regular hands
- Muscle stretches to improve flexibility and mobility of injured back muscles
- Manual adjustments to help realign the spine
Find Relief from Back Pain at Revitalize Integrated Body Systems with Our Chiro Techniques
At Revitalize Integrated Body Systems serving Palo Alto, CA, and Menlo Park, CA, a family chiropractor on our team can conduct a full physical exam to help you feel free of back pain. We offer services like active release technique, instrument assisted soft tissue manipulation (IASTM), and other chiropractic care. Call us at (650) 323-7427 to schedule an appointment and see how we can help improve your quality of life.